Add colour to your stories
The story editor has options that allow you to add coloured backgrounds, coloured borders on images, as well as font types, weights and colours to support you in creating a story that is visually appealing. You could use different colours or fonts to highlight each child’s voice or the assessment within a story.
● How to change the presentation of your story: https://storypark.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203419433-How-to-change-the-presentation-of-your-story
Create your service’s philosophy as a learning set and tags
You can highlight how you are incorporating your service’s philosophy within your programme by creating a service philosophy learning set. For each area of your philosophy create a tag and add a description, eg:
- Set: Play and Learn service philosophy
- Tag: Independance
- Description: At Play and Learn we believe in and promote children’s independence. We do this because … and through …
● Create learning sets and tags: https://storypark.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202470893-Create-learning-sets-and-tags
Send an announcement about emergency details direct to parents
There can be times when you need to contact parents quickly due to bad weather, lockdowns, evacuation, civil defence etc. This is where the community announcement features comes in handy. Admins can create a community post announcement and this will be sent via email to each person in the community in addition to the notification they receive within Storypark. Just ensure you click the ‘Announcement’ checkbox in the community post.
● Create a community post or announcement: https://storypark.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202470913-Create-a-community-post-or-announcement
Observe how you’re delivering your curriculum through reports
The Reports area enables you to generate room and group reports that provide the learning trends over a selected time period. These learning trend reports provide you with accurate data of which learning tags teachers have been focusing on and tagging in a story. These reports then allow you to make comparisons of what learning areas have been recorded against your programme planning. If for example, one of your group programme plans for last month was to support the current interest in dance and movement, you can generate a learning trends report for that month to see which tags were used to support that planning and whether that interested was still current.
● Creating learning or teaching trend reports: https://storypark.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203102528-Create-learning-or-teaching-trend-reports
Add teacher bios to your about area
The About area is an area where you can add information about your service and teachers. Each teacher can add their bio providing families with relevant and meaningful information about the people who care for and educate their children. This enables those family members who don’t do the drop-off and pick-up of their child to get to know the teaching team.
● Add, edit or delete your About details: https://storypark.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202470953-Add-edit-or-delete-your-early-learning-service-About-details
Invite another service or school teacher to support their transition
Before a child heads to another early learning service or to school, you can can invite their future teacher to Storypark providing them with access to the child’s learning stories and journey. When you do this the child’s parent will receive an email asking if they agree to grant access to the new service/teacher. Their new teacher can not only view the child’s learning and development but also communicate with the family and the child’s current teachers. This enables easier sharing and establishing of relationships, supporting a smoother transition for the child and their family.
● Transferring children between services: https://storypark.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203094248