iOS educator’s app updates
Near the end of April, the old iOS educators app will no longer be available. Many of you will already be using the new iOS app which was released in April 2020. For those of you that aren’t, now is the time to get it from the app store!
You can read more about the new app here. Here is a quick rundown of some additional updates we have added over the past year that will make documenting, sharing, communicating and working together to support children’s learning and development, a whole lot easier.
So, what’s new?
- The new story editor lets you layout your blocks of text and images, just like you are able to do on the desktop version
- Create stories with improved offline saving so that your work isn’t lost if your internet connection cuts out
- Easily select and add learning tags by searching or browsing curriculum folders
- Style features (layout, fonts, colours and position of images) are no longer stripped out when a story that is created on the desktop, is opened and edited on the app
- You are now able to change the date of a story to reflect the date the observation happened
- Create and manage community posts and conversations in the revamped community area, where it is much easier to keep track of things
- Manage draft stories and approve stories from your team
- Edit and print published stories
- Create and edit child notes
- View plans and family moments
- Respond with comments, images, video and audio for richer communication
- Stay on top of new posts, responses and communication with a clear and concise activity stream
Don’t forget, at the end of April, the old iOS educator’s app will no longer be available for you to use. Get the new app today!