There are a whole range of ways you can get the most out of Storypark!
The following are a list of tips and suggestions to help you and your team get the most out of Storypark. Each tip links to a help centre resource, and these can be shared with your team all at once or one-by-one over time.
Create your own reflective teaching journal
Every teacher has been provided with their own private portfolio in order to store evidence of teaching practice. Learning stories can be duplicated as a portfolio story and retagged to professional goals and/or teacher registration requirements. Your supervisor, advisor or mentor can be given access to these which allows them to provide feedback on your evidence and progress. Personal teaching reflections, evidence of and ideas from PLD and conference participation and conversations can also be stored in your portfolio. PDFs, readings and research can be gathered and reflected on, building a robust body of evidence regarding your teaching pedagogy.
● My portfolio: https://help.storypark.com/for-teachers/teacher-portfolios/teacher-portfolios
● Creating a teacher portfolio story: https://help.storypark.com/for-teachers/teacher-portfolios/create-a-teacher-portfolio-story
● Make parts of your teacher portfolio private: https://help.storypark.com/for-teachers/teacher-portfolios/make-parts-of-your-teacher-portfolio-private
Show evidence of your planning
Everyone plans differently so we’ve built this new planning tool so you can create and manage your own planning templates – you and your team can plan the way you want, with who you want.
- Keep a plan private, or involve all teachers by inviting them to contribute.
- Build understanding with parents by inviting them to view and comment on any plans you choose to share.
- Provide an overview of what’s happening at your service.
- Link stories, plans and child notes together, making it easier to visualise the learning journey for each child.
- Keep all your service’s tasks, admin, documents, policies and planning in one easy-to-access place.
The help centre is full of helpful tips and guides on setting up your planning area: https://help.storypark.com/for-teachers/planning/introducing-your-new-planning-area
There are so many other ways you can utilise Storypark to work and communicate more effectively. Take a look at our other “Storypark” tips articles for more ideas.